September 2, 2008

Communication

Well, today was busier than the past three days, but still not as busy as I like days to be!
My head is spinning from trying so hard to communicate!  I finally met two americans, and one of them speaks Lithuanian, so I was able to have help translating a few words.  It's still very difficult to get anyone to fully understand what I'm talking about!!  
On another note, thank you to everyone who has left a comment and/or emailed me.  I love hearing from you, and my host Mom really likes it when I tell her what's going on in Northfield (she doesn't understand most of it, but she enjoys hearing me talk about it).  My email is still not working correctly, so it's not very easy for me to send emails yet.  I can receive them though: )
How was the first day of school for those of you who started today?  I've heard that a couple of kids were excited to start the new school year.  What about the rest of you?
I'm super tired, so I'm going to head to bed (actually I'm in bed, so I just have to shut the computer down and go to sleep).  
I miss you all a ton!! 

2 comments:

Natalee said...

Hi Naomi,
Wow! You are doing so much. Sending tons of energy your way as you sort through all of the newness. You are a brave young woman. Thanks for all the newsy updates.
Hugs,
Natalee

Linnea said...

That's great about getting some translation help!

Are you thinking of any activities you could start to make your days busier? I suppose school will add some bustle. Have you learned when you will start yet?

Anywho, what about a sport or club? are there any of those there that you could join? Are you getting along with your host brother? Do his friends speak English, or do you just kinda of sit there awkwardly, not being able to say anything? hehehe. Oh man Naomi. I feel for you, mmmk?

Lots of love,
ME