September 20, 2008

Some things I've noticed

Good morning!  I'll just tell you a little now.  This afternoon I'll update about my week:)
Here are some random things that I've noticed:
If you order hot chocolate you get a little cup or fancy bowl of hot fudge to be eaten with a spoon
There is no skim milk:(  (This has been very hard on me.)
All teachers are called Mokytoja (pronounced mokeytoya) which means teacher
I am living in a big house, but it's about 1/2 the size of my family's house at home.
Most people live in "flats".  The buildings aren't anything to look at from the outside, but the homes are nice!
Nobody has carpet in their home.  Maybe a few rugs, but nothing thick and squishy!
People eat all the time!!  The food is so heavy that I only try a little of everything and I'm still full!
Most houses don't have a garage, but if they do it's never used for vehicles.
Snail mail is not used for much (except for you to write to me:).  Most days this family doesn't even get any mail!
Everyone has one cell phone, sometimes two (because one is cheaper to text with and one is cheaper to call with).
Nobody has smiled at me on the street.
About 75% of all the women I've seen have dyed hair.
Everyone is hoping for an indian summer, so hardly anyone has turned their heat on yet.  (Tautvydas did last Wednesday night because it got down in the 30s and I was freezing!)
Well, that's all I have time for now.
Today I'm finally going to church!!  I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited!  I don't know how far away it is, but I'll be leaving in half an hour, so I need to get dressed and do a couple of other things before I leave.  I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday morning!!  (Those of you who will be at Bethel early, I want to hear all about it!!)
I miss all of you!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skooter will be leaving in about an hour to go scare up some 10th grade Bethelites!! :) Tell us about your church.
Love, Jane
I am soooo glad you are going to school!!!!!

Naomi said...

FUN!!! I can't wait to hear stories about the Wild and Wacky Welcome!!