September 25, 2008
Updating from school (again)
So, I went to a cafe with three girls and we talked for about an hour. It was nice. Then I sat outside for an hour enjoying another beautiful day! Back at the house Jovita was the only one home and she was watching TV while working on a few different things. I sat in the front room writing for a little while. Tautvydas and Jokubas were back in time for supper at 6pm. It was chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, blackberry milkshakes, and yummy cookies! Both of my host parents and I ended up going to the movie theater and we saw "The Accidential Husband". It's about a woman who's life gets very mixed up. I don't know that I'd go see it again, but it was a nice way to spend the evening. My host parents seemed to enjoy spending the evening with me!
I went to bed at 10pm last night, but unfortunately only got about six hours of sleep again!
This morning when I woke up just after 7am the window in my room was covered in condensation. It was a chilly, but sunny, morning!
School started at 8:45am this morning instead of 9:05. All of the classes are only half an hour long today instead of the usual 45 minutes. I'm not really sure why. The first class was English, and we spent 25 minutes walking around to different locations in the school having class pictures taken. Nobody had told me that we'd be doing that today, so I'm wearing my yellow St. Olaf sweatshirt! Oh well, they'll always be able to find me in the pictures: )
Right now is "computers" and I never have to do anything 'cause the teacher only speaks Lithuanian. She said I can do whatever I want to. When I can understand more Lithuanian I hope to be allowed to do atleast some of the assignments!
Next is Lithuanian, then Russian, and Ethics or Religion (I haven't decided which one I'll go to). School supposedly ends at 12:45pm today, so I'll have several hours to waste before heading over to the Technical school to have fun with some students (like last Thursday). I'll probably spend most of my unscheduled time outside 'cause it's another georgous day!!
Oh, I got another letter this morning!! Four days in a row: )
Well, the bell will be ringing any minute now, so I'm going to come to an end.
I miss you all tons!!
Enjoy your Thursday: )
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey!!! I'm glad you get the time in school to write like this...it's neat. But I also like just being in class, and at home on the computer time is ok with me:) Hey, i've got a question...I'm having trouble with my "social life":( Any advice on how to find one??? I've got "plans" for the future...but not anything immediate, so i'm stuck doing stuff alone:( I am starting a dance class soon so that will be good!!
have a good day
<3 Breanna
how is the language coming? I thought i had it bad with portuguese. are any of your classes in english? I'm glad you are getting out with your parents, those are good time :)
yeah, I'm also curious about the language. can you catch any words here and there when people are talking? What words have you learned? are the cafes where you hang out kinda like blue Monday?
You're days sound so interesting! How'd everything go after school? Did you get together with friends? I hope you had fun.
Also, what's another word you can teach me?
Good night!
~Rachel~
Post a Comment