November 7, 2008

Beautiful Day!!

I woke up this morning (after 7 hours of okay sleep) to a beautiful day!!  Last night the temperature dropped below freezing, so this morning there was frost every where and the puddles had a fairly thick layer on top!  The sky was (and still is) clear.  It was beautiful to see everything sparkling in the morning sun!
At 8:45am I was getting ready to go when I realized that today's first class was math.  I had been told on Wednesday that the teacher was gone for the week (later I found out that she was back today), so instead of flying out of the house I took time to eat breakfast and pack a bag to take to Kedainiai tonight.  I got to school in time to hang my jacket in my locker before music class began.  There were only two of us waiting, and after a few minutes we talked to the other music teacher who told us that we wouldn't have music class today 'cause our teacher had wrist surgery and wouldn't be in today. I wasted an hour in a common area, and then went to chemistry.  The chemistry teacher also wasn't there today, so the other teacher taught the class.  I think they spent the class reading a textbook, but I'm not sure 'cause the teacher had me google chemistry stuff in the library.  I got lunch a few minutes before the bell rang, so I had plenty of time to eat.  During history class they had a test, so I studied Lithuanian.  The last class of the day was math and I was there, but about two minutes after it started Vilolet invited me to join her English class, so I did.  After school I walked to the post office and then came back to the house expecting that we'd leave for Kedainiai around 3 (I got back at 2:15pm).  It's now 4:06pm and I doubt we'll leave anytime soon.  I'm all ready to go though, so at least they're not waiting on me!  The plan is for us to come back sometime tomorrow and then at 4pm there's a traditional dance performance I'm going to.  Jovita suggested that I invite someone from school to go with me, but she just told me about it, and if people aren't on Skype it's difficult to get ahold of them!
I hope you are all having a great day!  For those of you at home, have fun with the first snow accumulation of the year!!  Please enjoy it for me:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our yard is beautiful with the snow coating all the trees. Enjoy those days of sunshine and sparkling, frosty landscape. I enjoyed all your pictures of the frost on the plants. Have fun this weekend.
Lots of love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Have a super fantastic weekend!! We don't have any snow yet, but maybe before I leave we'll see some!
Keep Smilin',
Rachel

Linnea said...

Maybe I missed something, but what is Kedainiai?
I hope you had fun!

Unknown said...

Sounds like there's a lot of variability in your class schedule! Have fun in Kedainiai, and also at the traditional dance. That should be cool. Take some pics!!