December 9, 2008

First weekend in December

The weekend was slow, but I did get some things accomplished.  
Saturday I was the first one up, and I didn't get up until 9:50!  I spent the next four and a half hours working on things I was far behind on, and I took a shower.  I needed to go to the post office, but it closes at 3pm on Saturdays.  It's normally a 16 minute walk to the post office.  I left at 2:45 and was so determined to get there before it closed that I ran well over half the way there. I made it in 8 minutes!!  After the post office I was on my way to see if the library was open, but I ran into Jade and we talked for a while (even though it was raining steadily) and then went to Maxima together.  We wandered around for a while, and I got the ingredients to make pizza for supper.  Back at the flat I made supper and then Violet and I went out to Babilonas to see "Madagascar 2".
Violet wanted to come to church with me on Sunday, so we both went!  It's only a 10 minute walk now, and we made it just in time.  There were about 15 people in attendance, and Walla was there, too!  
After church we went back to the flat and Violet's father taught me how to make a pastry/pie thing.  It's yummy!  Violet and Paulius went on a hunt for a camera and mic for the computer, and for a while it was just Violet's father (I don't know his name) and I at home.  He doesn't speak any English, but we got along fine!  While the dough was rising I played the piano.  It's so good to be back at it again!!  It'd been WAY too long!!
Sunday evening we spent cleaning and putting my room in order!  It's so good to finally have that done!!
Yesterday was a normal day of school and then choir practice.  Today is the same except choir practice isn't until 5:45pm, and it's with the school orchestra.  I think it'll be a long practice!
That's what I've been up to!
Happy Tuesday:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

3 comments:

Linnea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linnea said...

Oh how fun!! so were you able to talk to the grandpa at all? and how did you like the movie? I love number one! the first time I watched that movie I was in Brazil :) It's fun that you watched the second one now in Lithuania!

Love love

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busier than I have:) Good for you!
George