December 14, 2008

I've been busy

I can't believe it's already Sunday! I have so much to tell you all about! I'll start with last Thursday: School was normal. After school I came back to the flat and quickly changed clothes (I had to wear all black) before heading to the bus station. I had checked the bus schedule on the walk back, and I arrived 5 minutes before the bus was supposed to stop. I waited for 10 minutes before I gave up and walked to the cathedral. Thankfully I had plenty of time before I had to be there. The 40 minute walk was nice except for the fact that I wore my new boots which are very warm, but have a 3-4inch heel, and are terrible for walking long distances in! I arrived five minutes before practice was supposed to start (like usual, it started about 20 minutes late), but my feet hurt. After practice we went to a building next to the cathedral and had half and hour to waste. Most students spent the time drinking tea and talking. I had to write a 200 word long paper about "Hunger is the sauce". It was to help an 8th former get ideas. That's a hard subject to write about, especially in 30 minutes, but somehow I managed. The concert was at 7pm, and by 6:45 I didn't see Violet (she was supposed to take pictures with my camera), so I gave my camera to Raimondas, because he loves to take pictures! Violet appeared about two minutes before we started and I told here where my camera was, but I'd forgotten to show Raimondas how to work the flash. I told Violet, and they eventually figured it out, but there's a video they accidentally took that's funny! It's freezing in the cathedral, so most of us ended up wearing our coats for the performance (we were allowed to if they were a dark color). Even though we were all freezing, it went very well! I sang almost all of the songs the best I ever had, so that made me very happy! A few of the songs reminded me so much of the holiday season at home that they brought tears to my eyes, but nevertheless, I enjoyed the evening! After the service (and mini concert that immediately followed) Raimondas was asked to speak. I didn't understand what he said, but at one point I heard my name, and the entire choir and orchestra turned to look at me. A girl in the orchestra told me he said that he's glad I'm in the choir and enjoying it so much. I thought that was nice, but he sure didn't have to say it in front of the hundreds of people that were there! Jovita and Tautvydas came to the service and I saw them afterwards. They were very happy to see me so happy. A 12th former gave Violet and I a ride to the flat at about 9pm (so I wouldn't have to walk too far!), and I was more than happy to get back and take my shoes off (I'd been wearing them for 5 hours and standing for all but 30 minutes of that!)! It was a very good evening! Friday: The day started with me waking up to my alarm going off at 7am, but then not getting up until 8:15! My room was freezing, and I was super tired, so I just couldn't motivate myself enough to get out of bed! My first class started at 8:45, but it was math, so I didn't have to be there. The night before Violet had told me she was going to be at school by 8 because she had something she wanted to do. I'm super tired and fell like my cold is getting worse, so I'm heading to bed now. Love and Hugs, Naomi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures!! The boots are awesome, by the way!
~R~

Anonymous said...

Naomi,
I've been enjoying your posts so much. Sorry I haven't left a message before. I have a Christmas card to send to you--do you have a new address now that you've moved? Take care,
Lisa

Naomi said...

My new address is:
Vilties 5-33
LT-35132 Panevezys
Lithuania