March 5, 2009

EXCITED!!!!

The first few days of this week went fine.  I was just very busy getting last minute things straightened out before I travel for two weeks!
Yesterday Tautvydas and I left at 6:45am 'cause he had a conference at 8am.  Due to rush hour traffic in Vilnius, and the fact that we drove in circles looking for the building, we didn't arrive 'till 9am.  I then spent the next three hours and 20 minutes sitting in a hotel lobby.  For some of that time I talked with the two receptionists which was interesting.
My flight left right on time, and I was surrounded my people speaking British English and Polish. It was really weird to not hear Lithuanian constantly! I had just over a three hour layover in Warsaw which I spent trying to figure out Polish money and reading a book.
The flight to Frankfurt was much more interesting. There was a middle aged Polish man sitting next to me, and he spoke American English 'cause he taught at a college in the US for two years. We spent the majority of the flight talking! It was very interesting, and much better than complete silence!
We arrived in Frankfurt early, but I had to wait for my luggage (one bag that I hadn't planned on checking, but was told I had to). By the time I picked that up, Rachel was waiting for me!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY to be with her again (even if it is just for a few days)!!  
I hope you're all having a good week, and don't forget to have fun:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a safe trip. Have lots of fun exploring with Rachel!
Lots of love and hugs,
Mom

Natalee said...

oh what joy...