The first lesson at school today was normal. After it ended I was walking in the halls and noticed that nobody was smiling, and they were all very quiet compared to how much noise there usually is. The only thing I could think of that would make so many people unhappy is the weather. Yes, i snowed all day, and almost everyone is sick of winter, but I couldn't believe that was the cause of the sudden change in the atmosphere at school. A little while later I found out that one of the Lithuanian teachers died yesterday. She only taught a few classes, but was well liked by her students. I didn't know her, but I'd seen her around enough to know that she was a very kind person, and always had the students best interest in mind. She has no family, so the school is planning the funeral. In today's choir rehearsal we only practiced the songs we'll be singing at her funeral.
Other than that news, my day was fine. During my free period I ran an errand, and happened upon a sending off ceremony for the army people from Panevezys. I think they're headed off to the middle east. It was interesting to see, and I was happy that I understood some of what was going on!
I'm a little overwhelmed with things to do right now, so to keep it all straight, and make sure I don't forget anything, I wrote it all out in a list today. There are 40 different things on that list!! Unfortunately, about 1/3 have to be done by the end of this week, and the rest have to be done by the middle of April. Needless to say, I'll be keeping busy for a while!
That's it for now.
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
No comments:
Post a Comment