April 29, 2009

Busy

I'm super busy these days planning the rest of my time here, so that's why I haven't posted recently.
Last Saturday the Belgian and Lithuanian groups went to Vilnius for the day. We had perfect weather, so it was a very enjoyable day.
Sunday was the day with host families, so Rani and I made Cepeliniai and then went to a choir concert at the cathedral. In the evening Rani and I attended the farewell party for the Belgians and their host families. We didn't get to sleep 'till about 2am, and then had to get up at 5am. It was hard to say good bye. I spent the entire week with them, and got to know several students very well. 
I then came back to the house, changed clothes, and went to school. At 11am we had a joint choir performance with a boys/mens choir from the Netherlands. They are a good choir!
I ended up only attending English class, and then coming back here. I went to bed early and was able to sleep well for 12 hours!!!! That's the first time I have slept so well here!
Yesterday I attended 2 classes and talked with Raimindas about my upcoming plans. It was around 72 degrees F and sunny yesterday, so after coming back to the house I worked outside.
Unfortunately, last night I couldn't repeat the same kind of sleep as the night before, and I slept restlessly for about 6 1/2 hours.
Today I have school, and then I'll come back here and work, work, work. I can't believe how much time all of the little details take! 
Today marks my 8 month anniversary of leaving the US. I can't believe it's been that long!
I hope you all are enjoying the last few days of April!!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

4 comments:

RM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George said...

I can't believe it's been 8 months either!! We've done so much in those 8 months, so many fun memories and pictures! Soon we'll be moving on to other adventures in our lives, but I'm not quite ready for this to end. Summer will come soon enough as it is!
Keep having fun:)
Hugs,
George

Anonymous said...

Big thumbs up for you Naomi. As much as I enjoy reading your updates, I'm glad that you're too darn busy to post much.

Lynn

Unknown said...

8 months! Holy smokes. About time you had a 12 hour snooze! Congratulations :-)