April 3, 2009

Candy day!!

Today most students brought candy to school and shared it with each other. It was a lot of fun, and gave me a good excuse to go up to random people:) I had a bunch of American candy, and gave away 102 pieces!! Thankfully, I only received about half that (a lot of the people I gave candy to didn't bring candy). I really felt like myself today. Not that I haven't been myself, but I guess I just feel more content here now. Most of the school knows who I am (except for the kid who spoke to me in Lithuanian today), and I'm comfortable going up to almost any of them at anytime. 
After school I came straight back to the house 'cause I was very warm in the sweater I had on. The sun was out all afternoon, so I sat outside reading for a while. Eventually I got chilly due to the wind, so I came inside and continued reading. I'm loving not having anything I have to do!!
We ate a super early supper at 4:45pm. It was fish and potatoes because on Fridays before Easter they're not allowed to eat meat (they still won't believe me that fish IS meat!!). I've been reading since supper 'cause I'm here alone, and am being very lazy!
I hope you've all had nice weather to enjoy, too!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

2 comments:

Linnea said...

How fun! What kind of American candy did you give away?

Naomi said...

I just had a bunch around here of many different kinds that I decided it would be a lot more fun to share rather than keep it for myself!