July 3, 2009
Flying School & Choir Performance!!
Yesterday Michelle and I went to a flying school in Kaunas (1 1/2 hour drive away) and had a fabulous evening learning the very basics of flying, learning on simulators, flying a model plane, and riding in two small plans! The weather was perfect, the company was great, so it was awesome!!
This morning we took a train back to Vilnius, and I went straight to choir practice which lasted several hours. It was very hot, and we were in full sun for most of the time, so everyone was a little miserable, but the performance this evening was well worth it! We ate lunch in the middle of the afternoon back at the school the choir is living in this week, and that's when I realized I no longer had my camera case! The case I wasn't worried about, but there was a memory card in there with lots of pictures that I didn't want to loose! Two or three choirs rode on one bendy bus back to the park at 4:30. It was a jampacked bus, so we were all very, very glad when the ride ended 40 minutes later! We didn't find my camera case before the performance, so my mind was a little preoccupied during the first few songs, but then I got into the concert, and throughly enjoyed participating in a huge traditional Lithuanian song festival!! It was a GREAT experience!! (We talked with the head organizer of this event after the concert, and he had my camera case! I was soooo happy to have it back!)
Happy 4th of July to all of you!!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
P.S. Sorry of this is a disjointed post. I'm too tired to think very straight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds AWESOME!!
~George~
I'm remembering the great time we had at the songfest. I'm so glad you stayed for it. I hope you get to see some other performances. Keep your eye out for the President. He often attends the concerts.
Post a Comment