September 9, 2008

Full Day!

Well, again I didn't get much sleep:(
Here's what I did yesterday:
10am-Tautvydas and I drove (it's within walking distance, but I didn't yet know the way, so it was faster for him to come pick me up) over to his school.  For the next two hours I was with Rasa (the activity planner) talking about what projects we'll be working on this year.  I also made a poster for her.
Noon-The Rotary meeting.  There was another birthday this week, so they sang again!
1pm-I walked over to a bank with a Rotarian (he only speaks about two words of English) to fill out the paperwork so I can get a debit card.  That way I'll finally get my allowance from Rotary.
1:40pm-Algimantas (my former Lithuanian country officer, he's the guy who made all of the plans for me in Panevezys), Tautvydas, and I drove out to the orphanage for me to meet the director, take a tour, and talk about when I can volunteer there.  Guess what?!!!!  I'm going to be out there all day today!!
2:30pm-We got back to Tautvydas' school early, so I had a cup of tea (raspberry with lots of sugar) and talked with Rasa.
3pm-I met a 16 year old girl named Vita.  She seems like a fun person, and she likes to volunteer!  (Her Mom works at Tautvyds' school.)
4pm-I met two 18 year old girls, Urte and Camilia (I think that's her name) at Dr. V's.  Then the three of us, Dr. V, and Jovita all drove to Mark's glass studio.  When we got there the two girls saw another friend of theirs, and she decided to come with us, too (I don't remember her name).  We spent the next 3 1/2-4 hours playing with glass and making little things.  It was so much fun!!
8pm-We came back to the house.  
8:45pm-Supper.  It was chicken with mushrooms, fresh veggies, french bread, noodles, and hot chocolate.
9:30pm-I came upstairs to catch up on a few things.  Everyone else was headed to bed because we all had to get up early this morning.
It was a good day: )
I again didn't sleep well at all last night!  I don't know why I haven't been sleeping well, but I sure hope I can get some good sleep soon!
I got up at 6:30am today so I could get dressed, update all of you on life in Lithuania, label some pictures on my photo site, and eat breakfast before we leave at 7:45am.  Jovita and Tautvydas will drop me off at the orphanage on their way out of town.  (They'll be attending Jovita's aunt's funeral while I'm at the orphanage.)
Well, that's it for now!  Thank you to everyone who has left comments and/or sent me emails.  I love reading what you've been doing!!  I can send emails now, so I'll reply soon!
Oh, one more thing.  Gerai means good or okay in Lithuanian.  That was the new word I learned yesterday!
I hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday: )
Love and hugs from Lithuania,
Naomi

4 comments:

Natalee said...

Wahoo you are rolling now. It is great to be busy sometimes. It is definitely what you are used to from home. I like learning a little Lithuanian, feel free to pass on other key words. I was talking with my cousin who is a Russian interpreter for Delta airlines and she said that she thought many in Lithuanian still speak Russian. Is that true? so now you can learn 2 languages!!!! ;-)
Hugs,
Natalee

Naomi said...

Yes, most adults learned Russian when they were in school. I'm having enough trouble learning one language though, I don't think I'll start a second one anytime soon!

Anonymous said...

How was the orphanage? Did you meet many fun kids? I hope so, the kids would love you:)
~George~

Kathy Rush said...

What is up with the not sleeping! Girl you need your sleep. Things are getting colder here. Starting to feel like fall. The trees are changing. Still wondering when you are going to shelve these book!
Kathy Rush