September 9, 2008

Figuring out my schedule

OK, so yesterday was a bit of a disorganized day, but for the most part it turned out alright!
I didn't get much sleep, so I was somewhat tired all day.  At 10:30am Tautvydas and I walked over to a school for people with learning disabilities.  I spent about two hours there learning how the programs work, what they do, and what I would do as a volunteer.  The people at this school are 7 years old all the way up to adults.  Everyone I met was very glad to have me there and wants me to go back and be a volunteer there.  I think it could be very fun!!
From there I walked over to Raymondas' school and talked with him and his assistant (she was the translator) about my schedule for attending the school.  I think the plan is for me to go to school one day a week.  I'm not sure what classes I'll be taking, but these are the ones we talked about: music, English, Lithuanian (not in a class though, just a teacher and me), dance, and choir.  I think I'll find out my schedule today.
The rest of the day was spent at the house with Jovita.
Again last night I didn't get much sleep.  Hopefully I'll make it through the day, because I have a full schedule (finally!!).  At 10am I'm going to Tautvydas' school to help the activities director and then Rotary meeting is at noon.  This afternoon I'll be visiting the orphanage to see how I can volunteer there!!  Then at 4pm I'm meeting two girls who are close to my age, and we're all going to Mark's glass studio!  I think (and hope) it will be a fun day!
Good luck to Nea today as she leaves for China!!
I love you all: )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred,
I'm so glad you finally have a busy day. I've been keeping busy here and I know that's what you need to do, too!
Hugs,
George

Anonymous said...

Naomi,
I'm glad you had a day that was busy, but also sounds like you had fun. Keep enjoying the possibilities.
Being an election judge was interesting.
Love,
Mom

Natalee said...

Hi Naomi,
Thanks for thinking of Nea. We got her off.:( I think blogs are censored in China so Rachel and Nea talked about how she can still see your posts. You sound like you are moving into the things that you love to do. Volunteering. I am so happy about that. You are amazing and I like how you are making things happen for yourself.
Hugs,
Natalee