I went out to Palanga on Friday with Robert. We stopped at several little towns along the way, so it took about five hours to get there. Friday evening was bowling, so I watched some great bowlers and meet a lot more Rotarians. I also met my Lithuanian country officer and his wife and they invited me to have supper with them.
Saturday was the main day of the "Olympics". There was a big parade and opening ceremony in the morning, and then all of the sports started. I only watched a little bocce ball and basketball because Raymondas' oldest daughter, Dovile came to spend time with me (she was and exchange student to Denmark). We walked down to the Baltic Sea, ate ice cream, rented bikes and rode around a beautiful park, and just had fun! At 7:30pm the big end-of-the-event party started. It was at a night club and was like nothing I've ever been to. There was food, music, the awards, a closing ceremony, dancing, and a lot of Rotarians and their spouses and kids having fun! Also, I met the two other exchange students who are in Lithuania - Michelle from Florida, and Benjamin from Wisconsin. Dovile and I only stayed until 1:30am.
This morning we didn't get up until 9:30am! After breakfast we walked down to the Baltic Sea. Tautvydas, Jovita, Raymondas, Dolive, and I all came back to Panevezys together. First though, about 15 minutes away from Palanga we stopped so the guys could swim. We didn't stop for lunch until 2pm and then it took 45 minutes after we ordered for our food to come. Needless to say, we were hungary. We only got back to the house about 45 minutes ago, and I think supper will be soon.
I hope you all are having a great weekend! For those of you in Northfield, enjoy the DJJD parade this afternoon!
7 comments:
Fred,
How was the scenery? Was the Baltic Sea beautiful? Riding bikes sounds like so much fun!
Lots of love,
George
Dear Naomi-
I can't believe you write so much! I can't keep up, so I just read about three days worth. DJJD has been fun. Ted and Tracy Morgan visited so that Ted could run the 5K this morning. Blake and I got a chance to hang out with them for a bit on Saturday night (today is Sunday). Tessa is thinking she might go to Cornell College in Iowa...the school that basically has 9 months of interims. Ryan and Michael have made no decisions. Yesterday I bought a stainless steel sculpture of violets that is colored with porcelain from an artist at the Fine Arts fair along the river. Its always fun to get art directly from the creative person! Keep smilin'!
Beth
That's so great that you met the other exchange students in Lithuania! How are they? What cities are they in? Will you be able to keep seeing them? I'm so happy that it sounds like you had a good weekend :). I hope you have a good week too!
love love.
also, do you think you can put a link to your picture site in the little profile box here on your blog?
Miss you!!
Hi Naomi,
Sounds like an event filled weekend. It is good to be busy I think. YOU are AMAZING taking in all of this newness. Be patient with yourself. One day at a time.
Hugs,
Natalee
Wow - Sounds like a little change-up and excitement for the weekend! Nice you could meet other exchangers. I remember nea saying the parties start so late and end so late! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Hello Naomi! (How do you say Hello in Lithuanian?)
Happy Half Birthday One Day Late! I have just read all of your blog entries in one sitting. Whew! MY head is spinning! Thanks for sharing so many of your adventures. The spirit of your blog is inspiring.
Jasper is chasing squirrels in God's big backyard now. We miss him, but he gave us a good run and was ready to move on.
Emm isn't too sure about middle school yet...but is willing to hang in there a bit longer since she knows we are taking her and Willa out of school in a couple weeks to go to Disney World! Then we'll see. We all send our love and best wishes to you.
Go find a piano!
Love,
Nancy, Brad, Emma, Willa, Merri
Labas is hello
Post a Comment