September 18, 2008

School!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I arrived at school at 9am and my first class was at 9:05am!  It was theater.  I just sat and watched though and a kid who speaks English explained the class to me.  Next I met with a teacher and explained homeschooling (hardly anybody here has heard of it).  At 11am we then went to her class and I listened to students give speeches about why know a foreign language is a good thing.  I also looked over the practice questions for the big exams.  The questions were all easy for me, but they should be because English is my first language.  The teacher and I then ate lunch in the cafeteria.  At 12:05pm I went to another English class (with a different teacher).  Here I stood up and told them about myself and then answered some questions they had for me.  They spent the rest of that lesson talking about crime in Lithuania, so I just listened.  
I have to go eat breakfast and head to school now.  I'll finish this later.
Love and Hugs,
Naomi 
OK, I'm back (it's 6pm here).  Here's the rest of yesterday's schedule:  The last class on my schedule was music.  They had an oral test, so I just sat and listened.  For the last 10 minutes we sang songs.  Almost all of them were in Lithuanian, but I had the text, so that helped a little.  The only song in English that we sang was "Yesterday" by the Beetles.  I'd never heard it, but I was thrilled that that it's in English!!  After music I was supposed to go down to Raymondas' office to met with a bunch of people, but he showed up at the classroom and told me to stay for most of the next lesson and be at his cabinet (office) at 2:30pm.  The second music class also sang some songs and then they talked about music stuff.  At 2:30pm I was at Raymondas' office, but nobody was there!!  It was about 15 minutes later that he appeared and then he told Lukas and I to walk around because they didn't want us there yet.  When we finally got to be a part of the meeting about me and my schedule it was about 3:15!!    We decided that I'll be attending school FIVE DAYS A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!  I"M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!  Can you tell?!!  After the meeting Tatuvydas brought me back to the house.
I spent the rest of the day here talking to Jovita, eating supper, and catching up on various things.  The other exciting news is that I finally have a cell phone!!  Cell phones are vital if you want to keep in touch with any teens.  Now I can stay in touch with my new friends and get together with them!!
Well, that's it for yesterday.
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sveika Naomi!

Well, that positive attitude and patient (or maybe not so at times!) waiting seems to be paying off. We are excited to hear about your new school experiences and I'll be sure to have Emma read them because they will inspire her. You are a bright light in our lives and we miss you!

Nancy

Linnea said...

Swoot!! How wonderful about everything! School 5 days a week, and a cell phone! Yay! Hahaha... I sang yesterday by the Beatles in choir once too. It's a good song, but it will be fun to be able to sing songs in Lithuanian when you come back! Then you can teach them to me :)

So from what time to what time will you be at school then every day?

love love

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting the school thing organized! And a cell phone! That's great. Loved your last pics, and hoping for more soon!

* said...

Sounds cool! Hopefully you'll like "real" school more than Noah and as much as Kaia. Let us know how it goes!

peace,
j, n, k