I left the library a couple of minutes before the bell rang so I would have time to eat lunch. The last class of the day on my schedule was history. That class ended up being about half as long as it should have been because our class teacher took us outside for another class picture, this one in the leaves that have fallen! It was a lot of fun!!
After school I had a bunch of errands to run including a new watch band. I told the guy what I wanted, picked it out, and paid for it all by myself!! My class teacher called when I was running errands and invited me to an 11th form English class, so I went back to the school and listened to students speak about why they're proud to be Lithuanian. It was interesting, because several of them said that they're not proud to be Lithuanian, they're proud to be people of the world.
The next hour was spent just talking to my class teacher. She loves to talk, so four students (including me) talked, and listened for the 6th class period! Violet (my class teacher) is a great person!!
I then met Minara and Ada (two girls from my class), and we checked the bus schedule to Vilnius, went to the chocolate shop, found a board game called "Lietuva" that I bought (it's a Lithuanian trivia game), and they showed me around the entire public library!
The library was just completely renovated a couple of years ago, so it's very nice! Most of the books can't be checked out though! They have to be read there! Also, they have a very few DVDs, and quite a few CDs, but you have to listen to or watch them there. They also copy CDs, so you can take the songs home. I thought that was illegal?!!
On the way back to my host family's house I saw a couple of neighbors that I'd met last night, and they invited me in for a little while. They lived in Chicago for many years, and the woman is an English teacher, so it's very nice to talk to them!
I had told Jovita that I'd be home at about 6pm, so I quickly picked up my camera from Dr. V's clinic (I'd left it at her house last night), an then hurried back to the house. Nobody was here!! I have no idea where they were, but thankfully I have a key. They got back about 10 minutes after I did.
I spent the evening cleaning off my desk, figuring out plans for the weekend, and catching up on a few things. I got a lot accomplished, but I have so much more to do!
Unfortunately I didn't get to bed until 12:35am, and it took a while to go to sleep. I only got about four hours of sound sleep! It's getting worse each night!
Today I'll catch the 8:40am bus to Vilnius and Michelle will meet me at the bus station. We'll hang out for a few hours before heading over to the US Embassy and the Town Hall meeting for all Americans living in Lithuania. I know the bus schedule from Vilnius to Panevezys, so I won't get stuck there again!
Tomorrow my host family and I are leaving early for a day trip to Latvia!!!! I'm excited!!!!
Anyway, I have to leave in half an hour, and I'm still in bed. I'm going to get dressed and ready for the day!
Enjoy your Saturday:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
3 comments:
I can't wait to see the class picture in the leaves:) I'm so glad you're having fun!
~George~
I think it is great that you are going to learn some additional chemistry! Have fun this weekend.
Lots of love,
Mom
Arriving 2 minutes before class! Sounds like new habits are forming? :-)
If you need any help with the structure of the atom, I know I guy who could help you....
And another trip to Vilnius! - the Town Hall meeting should be interesting.
Latvia!!!!!! Pics Pics please!!
Post a Comment