October 9, 2008

Busy Thursday!

I made it to school in time for English at 9:05am.  Students talked about "Lithuania at its Best". The teacher gave me some books about Lithuania to look at, so when the students talked about places I could see what they look like.
The other classes I had yesterday were computers, Lithuanian, Russian, and Math.  I finally had a few problems to do in Math!
The last class of the day was Lithuanian, but I didn't go because they went to the same film that we saw on Wednesday.  Also, this Lithuanian class is only every other week, so it's not even on my schedule.
After Math I ate lunch in the school cafeteria.  I had some sort of stuffed chicken and mashed potatoes.  It was okay.
I was just thinking about heading back to the house when my class teacher invited me to attend a 12th form English class where they were also talking about "Lithuania at its Best".  Because of technical difficulties only two students (plus me) talked.  One talked about a singer and the other talked about atoms.  It was interesting!
I stopped by the house for a few minutes to drop off my stuff before heading over to the Technical school.  I then went with a group of students to the orphanage and we colored with the kids.  I was back at the house by 5:45pm, just in time to change clothes (I had to wear blue to the party) before we ate supper (spaghetti noodles with ground turkey).  The whole family attended the party at Dr. V's house, and we arrived promptly at 6:30pm.  The party was for a guy who swam across the Baltic Sea because he wrote a book that was recently published.  He talked about the book and answered question for an hour and a half!  Thankfully Jokubas was willing to translate, so I was able to follow the conversation.  People then talked and ate until 9:15pm when the guy who swam across the Baltic Sea and another guy got out their guitars and started singing.  The next almost two hours were spent sitting in a circle and singing.  The only tow songs I recognized were "Yesterday" (it's a very popular song here) and "If You're Happy and You Know It" (sung in Lithuanian!).  About 1/2 of the 20 people who attended the party speak English, so I wasn't completely lost!  It was a fun night!
We didn't get back to the house until about 11:15pm, and I still had things to do, so it was after midnight when I crawled into bed.
Can you guess how I slept last night?  Yep, not well!  Only 5-6 hours of not good sleep!  It was about 6:45am again when I decided to "get up" (as usual I'm actually still in bed).
The weather yesterday was cloudy until about 2pm and then it was beautiful!  Everyone was wearing winter coats, and I ust had a sweatshirt on.  It's really fall now!  We haven't had frost here yet, but I'm almost positive that they have out in the country.
Today shouldn't be quite as busy. I hope not because I got my absentee ballot in the mail yesterday, and I have to take time to think about who I want to vote for!  I'm so busy that my desk is a mess, so I need to take care of that, too!
It's now about 8:20am and I have to leave for school in half an hour.  I still have to take a shower, get dressed, and eat breakfast, so I'd better end.
Please continue to send me emails and letters and post comments on here.  I love hearing from all of you!!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful fall day here, too! Keep having fun and learn lots of Lithuanian! What are some more fun words you've learned?
Keep Smilin',
George

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just sat for a moment and wanted to say HI and we miss you at the library. Take care.
Laurie Kodet

Unknown said...

YOU are one busy girl!!