Here's what I did yesterday. The walk to school was very foggy, and I wasn't sure the sun was going to come out. Thankfully it finally did around lunch time! The day was chilly, but the sun sure helped!
I was at school by 8:10am to go to the optional English speaking practice. I helped other students. I also met a distant cousin of my host family. Her name is Evelina and she's in the 12th form at my school. She's very nice!
Next was Lithuanian, so I went and worked in the library. Chemistry was boring because the teacher took over half of the lesson trying to get the projector to work (she had a slide show for us to see) and only turned the laptop around for the last 10 minutes. During math I studied Lithuanian words. Then I ate lunch and was eating fast when the math teacher told me (through gestures and students translating) to eat and then go to class. (Yes, there are two math classes in a row on Wednesdays.) So I finished eating, and then on the way to class Raimondas saw me and wanted to know how everything is going. He was happy to hear that I'm happy. He also told me that he thinks the city will turn on the heat either next week or the week after. Yippee!!! I hope it's sooner rather than later! (Almost everyone at school is always cold!) Then, my class teacher stopped me to talk. I got up the courage to ask her if I could play the piano at her house and if she would let me bake at her house. She said YES!!!!! She would love to have me come over sometime!! I'm so excited!! I finally made it to the math class 15 minutes late. Oh well. The teacher was happy that I'd taken time to eat. During the computer class there was a test, so I checked a couple of websites, and then worked on other things. The last class of the day was English. We ended up walking across the street to the "cinema" to watch a movie about part of Lithuania's history. It was really just about a few singers. I couldn't understand any of it, but the English teacher translated for me, so that was nice.
Agne 1 had invited me to attend her German class during 7th hour, but I was so tired that I couldn't sit through another class, so I worked on a few things in the school library and then waited for her in the lobby. We were both super cold, so we walked to my favorite kepykla (bakery). We spent two hours there eating pastries, drinking kakava (hot cocoa), and just talking! It was nice! I had forgotten to go to the post office earlier, so I walked over there and then was back at the house at 6pm.
Jovita was the only one home. After I started a load of laundry, and caught up on a few things the two of us ate pizza for supper. During supper Jovita asked if we could make the no bake cookies after supper! So that's just what we did! I did most of it, but she was watching and learning. The batch made 40 yummy cookies this time:) I spent the rest of the evening continuing to catch up on things I have to do. I have so many things to do!!
I didn't get to bed until just after 11pm, and didn't go to sleep until 11:30pm or so. Unfortunately my bad sleeping habits were back last night:( I only slept until 4:30am and then tossed and turned for the next two hours before getting my computer. Yes, I'm in bed updating this again!
Here are a few things that happened to me yesterday: While my class was waiting for English to start we were talking right outside the classroom (I was actually listening). They were speaking in Lithuanian, and I could understand them!! Everyone was really cold and one girl said she was hot and I said "Wow. really?!" and she got this super happy, surprised look on her face and said "You understood what we said?!". Everyone got so excited!!
Over the course of the day I had two people ask me if I could go to the cinema with them on Friday night! I already had plans, but last night those were postponed, so I'll probably go with one of them! It's so great to be wanted! I don't have and concrete plans for after Sunday, but I'm sure I'll be busy!
Today I have to be at school at the regular time, 9:05am. As far as I know school will be normal today. At 3:30pm I'll be at the technical school, and then a group of students and I will go to the orphanage to play with kids for a little while. At 6:30pm we'll be at the party at Dr. V's house. I know that will be fun!
I'm so happy!! I've had five good days in a row, and I'm starting to really enjoy being here! This is a wonderful experience that I plan on throughly enjoying!
I still love receiving emails and mail though! I'm not about to forget about any of you!!
If any of you have good no bake recipes, or recipes for yummy stove top american meals would you please email them to me? I would really appreciate that!
I love and miss you all!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
7 comments:
That's soo wonderful about Lithuanian! HOW EXCITING!!!!! and it's so nice that you have such a good friend that you can just go to the cafe and talk for so long. I can't wait to look at pictures! I hope you have some bakery treats ones :P. My mouth always waters over them. I still can't quite find food that satisfies my cravings here. If ppl send you good no bake recipes forward them on to me though, kk? And can you send me the no-bake cookie recipe? I don't have an oven either!!!
Mmk, well I'm big time procrastinating so I better hurry up and look at your pictures before I guilt myself into studying more. hehehe
LOVE YOU!
PS. how did you make the pizza without an oven? I looks so good!!!
There's an old fashioned oven that can be used to warm things up, but you can't bake anything in it.
Every time I read your blog I get hungry. Maybe you should post that recipe for no-bake cookies.
j, n, k
Naomi, what a treat to read your most recent blogs. My heart is happy that you are happy. Life is good and you are great!
Love you,
Natalee
What fun! After I read you're updates I can't stop smiling:) I would also love to try the no bake cookies sometime soon!
Keep Smilin',
Rachel
I got goose bumps reading your post, Naomi. That's such a cool thing about understanding the conversation. I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Hugs.
Post a Comment