I think I forgot to tell you about the volunteers. They are: Aline from Belgium, Pauline from Germany (I think), Jade from France, and Lea from Austria. They're all 18 except Jade who is 20.
I took an hour long walk to enjoy the day and check my host family's mail box since nobody is doing that, and I'm the only one that ever gets any mail. Unfortunately there was nothing.
We ate lunch at the apartment (bread, bread, more bread, and soup) and then at 3pm we went bowling with 6 people with minor disabilities from the adult daycare, and two workers. The next hour was a lot of fun!! We had two lanes, and Pauline and I ended up winning! The people we were with had a ton of fun, too!
When we got back we went up to the head lady's office and asked her about the plans for tomorrow. After we got that straightened out we came back to the apartment and were lazy for a while. We talked a lot and experimented in the kitchen. Did you know that you shouldn't freeze zucchini unless you want to eat mush when it thaws? The thawed zucchini is the funniest veggie I've ever seen!!
After supper and the dishes were done Aline, Lea, and I took a 1/2 hour long walk outside. Today was in the upper 40s and slightly windy, but there was no rain, so it was a nice day!! (I like rain, but it's getting tiring.) When we got back from the walk we watched videos of the volunteers' first few days here, and ate popcorn with sugar and cinnamon on (it was an interesting flavor). Now everyone is getting ready for bed, and I should end so Aline can get to bed, too (I use the internet hook up in her room 'cause she doesn't have a computer).
Tomorrow at 9am we'll be leaving on a day trip to Siauliai (pronounced shoulay) and the Hill of Crosses. We're all excited!!
Have a good night!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
3 comments:
Sounds like you are enjoying the other volunteers. Enjoy the trip tomorrow.
Lots of love,
Mom
It sounds like your bowling is improving! Just as long as I can still beat you:)
Have a great day tomorrow!
~George~
I hope you had a good night too! have fun tomorrow.
Post a Comment