October 14, 2008

Tuesday

I made it to school in plenty of time for the first class.  The History teacher was late, so it was a shorter lesson.  Then I was on my way to the library when my class teacher saw me and invited me to an English class with more students talking about "Lithuania at its Best".  After that class I walked over to the Rotary meeting, but nobody was there!  It turned out I was an hour early, so instead of going back to school for part of a Lithuanian class (it's about a 12 minute walk each way) I sat in my favorite kepykla (bakery) drinking hot cocoa and studying Lithuanian.  
There were 24 people at the Rotary meeting, which is more than usual.  They asked me to talk about my time here so far, and then they wanted to hear me say something in Lithuanian.  I said (my favorite thing to say) Ash noriu apkabinti (I want a hug), and they all applauded!  
Back at school in English I helped with some pronunciation, and then read a Psalm 98 to the class.  The teacher asked me to read from the Bible to see if the students could understand it.  I think they understood most of it.  The last class was Music, and all they did was talk about some history.  
After school I met not only Ada, but Minara, Monika, Carolina, and Christina.  We went to the post office first to mail my ballot, and then five of us went to Chili's cafe.  (Christina only went to the post office with us.) I had a yummy chocolate filled pastry!  We didn't go to a park 'cause it was a rainy, gloomy day until about 5pm when the sun finally peeked out for a little bit.
Monika then went back to school for a music group practice 'cause they're performing next week during the English day at school.  The rest of us went and watched, listened, and looked at the pictures on my camera.  These girls are so excited to get to know me!  It's great!!
I arrived back at the house at about 5:15pm, and didn't do a whole lot for the rest of the night. Since I didn't have much to do I went to bed at 9:45pm!!  I only slept soundly for four hours, but even though I did wake up about half a dozen times, I know it was good for me to be in bed relaxed and dozing for nine hours!!
I'm going to school an hour early today to help with the group that's practicing speaking English again.  Then this afternoon I don't have any plans, but it's supposed to be a nice day, so I'm hoping to take another walk through a park, and/or go for a bike ride!
Smile on this great Wednesday:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can speak Lithuanian!! (Kind of:) Will you teach me some more words?
~George~

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, you are using some of the Lithuanian that you have learned. Keep practicing.
Lots of love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You sound so happy! Yeaaaa!!! We are happy about that. I told Rachel to say hello from us when you Skype today, so remind her to do that if she forgets! Have you gone over to that teacher's house to play the piano yet?

Toodles!
Nancy