Apparently around Christmas time there have been some issues with mail being opened before it reaches its destination. So, if you're planning on sending anything, even just a letter, it would be best to send it by registered mail. It costs $10 just to have it registered, but then I have to go to the post office and sign for it, so I'm sure to get it. If you don't register what you send then just make sure there's nothing that people would want to take in the envelope/package. Any package that won't fit in the mailbox I have to go to the post office and sign for anyway, so those don't have to be registered. It's completely up to you what you want to do. If you decide not to register the mail then you might want to let me know it's coming so I can be on the lookout for it. By the second week in January it should be fine to send things normally again. (The Russian Christmas is in January 7th, so after that things should be fine.) If you have any questions let me know, or ask Mom or Dad.
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
2 comments:
The cost is $10 to send a registered letter from Northfield/Dundas to Panevezys, Lithuanua. I don't know if the cost changes with a change in the sender's location.
Love,
Mom
Thanks Mommy!
Post a Comment