November 3, 2008

Two Months

I completely forgot to mention that it's been two months since I started this adventure!  I can't believe that much time has passed.  I have done so much here, and I've learned more than I thought was possible.  It's definitely been the hardest two months of my life.  That's not necessarily bad though.  I've learned how to be almost completely independent, make good decisions, do laundry, and take care of myself.  I've also adapted to the situations here to be able to survive.  
I'm working on the language, but it's so incredibly hard.  Right now I'm stuck kind of in a middle land between English and Lithuanian.  I can understand any English (even terrible English that I couldn't understand when I got here) and I can understand simple Lithuanian.  I can't speak a whole lot of Lithuanian yet though.  
I still haven't adapted to the Lithuanian diet, but I've found several things I like, so I'm not always hungry any more.
Sleep is still an issue, although I did get 10 hours of only kind of restless sleep last night, so it's a step in the right direction (I seem to remember saying that before though, and I was wrong).
Being the first exchange student is ten zillion times harder than I had expected it to be, and I don't think it's about to get any easier.  I'm going to give it my best shot though, and I'm positive that the next student will have a fabulous year. 
Thank you for following my adventures!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you just left!!
~R~

Greta Klawiter-Lein said...

one thing i've learned is that just because something is difficult/hard doesn't mean it has to be bad. I think you are doing greattt! 2 months is nothing, but yet so much. I have confidence that it will be harder to leave Lithuania than it was leaving the USA. :) beijos greta