November 11, 2008

The Weekend

I finally have a few minutes to tell you about this past weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish 'cause I have to leave for school in 20 minutes, and I'm still in bed.
We left here at 4pm on Friday, and arrived at Jovita's parents' house in Kedainiai just before 5pm.  I spent the entire car ride reading.  Everyone else rested.  The next five hours were spent talking to relatives, eating supper, and (for the cousins and me) watching TV & "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King".  I spent the night at Ieva's house (cousin).  Unfortunately I slept terribly, so I was very tired on Saturday.  I woke up for the last time at 8:20am and then spent two hours writing in my Journal (Ieva's parents both left shortly after I got up, and Ieva was still asleep and then getting ready for the day).  At 10:20am we walked over to the grandparents' house and the Tautvydas drove the two of us and Jovita most of the way (we walked the rest of the way) to the Kedainiai history museum.  There was also a special exhibit of famous wax people displayed throughout the museum.  We finished there at 11:30am and then just wandered around and looked in a shop for about an hour before heading over to Matas' (another cousin) house.  Matas, Ieva, Jokubas, and I played Lithuanian Monopoly for a couple of hours.  We didn't finish the game, but picked it up one or two turns before I would have gone bankrupt.  It was fun though!!  We went back to the grandparents' house to eat a quick, small lunch (I was super hungry 'cause I only had a few grapes for breakfast, and a few cookies at Matas' house) pick up our stuff and say goodbye, and then left at 4pm.  A few minutes out of the city we passed large cabbage fields with huge bags in rows filled with cabbage heads.  On the way back we also saw about 20 European Bison in a field, and a beautiful sunset!!  Back at the house I had two pieces of mail waiting for me!!  Jokubas and I were the only ones who ate supper, and then I spent the rest of the night doing random things.
I have to leave in six minutes, so I'd better get up!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about fun times you've been having! Keep up the enthusiasm!
~Rachel~