ARGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! It's been a frustrating afternoon!!!!
I'll start with this morning though. After a night of minimal sleep I got up much earlier than I had planned on. That meant I had plenty of time to get ready for school, and was on time again today! English class was a class meeting, so I didn't do much of anything. Media class only lasted for about 20 minutes, and then we were free to go. During the rest of that period I ate lunch and just as I was finishing, two first form girls came up to me. They just wanted to introduce themselves and talk for a little bit. It was nice of them to take a few minutes to speak with me! During Lithuanian I studied the language, and then it was off to Russian where I didn't do much of anything. The last class of the day was math, and again, I didn't do much.
This is when my day became interesting. I went to talk with Violet about going to the customs office, but she had a 12th form class, so I was just going to wait. Instead, she asked two 12th formers to go with me. She explained the problem, and the three of us drove (don't worry, I didn't drive!) out to the Panevezys customs office. They said we need another document from the post office, and then told us to go to the customs mediator to figure things out. We went there, and they said that they can't do anything until we have the other document. So, we went back to school and talked with Violet. One of the students went to another class, but the other one and I walked over to the post office. The lady that we talked to said I should just be given the package, but for now she followed the rules, and gave us the other document that I need. Then the two of us hung out in Violet's classroom 'till the end of the class period. Another student drove us back out to the customs office 'cause the documents that I was given today need to be signed by a customs officer. After giving them the papers and waiting for a little bit, an officer came out and said that the paper needs to be filled in. The Vilnius post office was supposed to do that, but because they didn't I need another form saying that the package is really worth what it says it's worth. ARGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! That's why I'm frustrated! I sure hope I can get everything straightened out tomorrow!!
This government is too corrupt for me! The newly elected government officials took office at the begining of the year, and very few people are happy with the way things have been run for the past month. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I know that it's frustrating for Lithuanians, too, not just foreigners!
I'm fairly certain that it's going to be another restless night!
I hope your day is a lot less frustrating than mine was!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
2 comments:
I hope you have a less frustrating day tomorrow. Although, this is how you end up with interesting stories to tell, so think of it that way:)
Hugs to you!!
~George~
I feel for you. I hope today is going better and you get your package!
Post a Comment