January 16, 2009

SLEEP

Today I made it to school early again! That's four days in a row!!
I was only at school for four and a half hours, but they passed very slowly. Several students came up to me to say hi and chat for a few minutes, so that made me very happy. They all noticed that I was very tired though 'cause I was almost constantly yawning. 
After school I came back to the flat, and after taking a shower I tried to take a nap. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep. All I got from my 45 minutes in bed was a nasty headache! When I got up Paulius was gone (to celebrate his birthday with friends), so the flat was very quiet. I ate supper, and then was lazy for an hour and a half or so before Violet got back.
We spent the evening (and most of the night!) watching TV and talking. 
Today the big news here is about the rioting in Vilnius and around the country. In the past month or so many, many prices have almost doubled, but the salaries have stayed the same. As Lithuanians say "we are paid Lithuanian salaries, but are charged European prices". Many, many people can barely afford to pay for everything they need to live! Hopefully there won't be any more riots, and this can be solved peacefully!
It's now 2:40am, and I'm not tired enough to sleep! I haven't slept well for most of the past four and a half months, I'm always tired and frequently exhausted, and now I can't sleep!! What's up with that?!
Violet and I are planning on just having a relaxing weekend. Tomorrow (actually later today) if we're both awake enough, we'll do some baking and watch a movie!
Thank you to everyone who has been in touch! I love hearing from you!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

2 comments:

Linnea said...

I'm looking forward to more pictures so make sure to take some during what sounds like will be a fun baking weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Don't get in to any trouble now!!
Just relax, listen to music, and fall asleep. Since I got here I've slept soundly every night!
Sending hugs from one time zone away!
~George~