I woke up multiple times during the night, so consequently, it was very hard for me to get up this morning. I finally did at 8:20am, but that wasn't early enough to make it to school on time. Thankfully the first class was history, one of the classes I don't have to be at. I was going to hang out in the school library, but it was closed today, so I sat in the empty cafeteria instead.
Double Lithuanian class was today, and we didn't even get a break between the two. They were all writing so diligently that I wouldn't be surprised if they were each writing a book! At one point the teacher came and talked with me. She only speaks Lithuanian, and I rarely understand her, but she loves to talk with me.
After a quick lunch we had English, and I spent the entire lesson reading a book about the English royal family. Violet had copied the 10 commandments out of the bible, and the students had to try and find and understand all of them. It was amazing to me that not a single one of them knew (or had ever heard of) any of the commandments!
The last class of the day was music, and for the first 10 minutes or so, I sat there doing nothing. Then the teacher asked (through the students translating) if I'd like to join them in writing down what I think about each of the songs she played from a CD. It wasn't exciting, but I was happy to participate:)
I've been at the flat now for over three hours. There's mail in the mailbox (I'm 99.99999% positive it's for me because nobody else ever gets mail), but nobody else is here, and I don't have the key. I've just been killing time hoping someone comes back soon! There's also nothing here for supper, so I'm not quite sure what the plan is for that.
The weather today was a little warmer than yesterday, but I think it was still in the single digits all day. The sky was clear, too, so it was another gorgeous day!!
Happy Tuesday:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
1 comment:
We think of you a lot, and love to hear about your adventures.
j,n,k
Post a Comment