January 7, 2009
SNOW!!!!!!!!!
I made it to school on time today!! All of the classes were quite normal. The entire chemistry class time was spent talking about a homework assignment. We all have to make a power point presentation about petrolium and natural gas and where to find them on Earth. I'll be working with a girl from my class. We didn't do anything in the computer class because the teacher was about 20 minutes late (she had a minor car accident). Dance class was very different than normal. Instead of the usual 30-50 students, there were 7 of us, all girls. We learned the Vienna waltz. It's a fun dance, but I kept getting distracted by two of the three songs we danced to- "My favorite things" and "Meet me in St. Louie".
This morning I woke up to a mini blizzard! It snowed very fine snow all day, and was blowing like crazy! When I walked to the library after school, and then back to the flat at 7pm I made sure I walked in all of the tallest drifts! It's so great to finally have enough snow to play in! There's nobody to have fun with, but that doesn't stop me!
Violet was the only one here when I came back, and she was just getting supper ready.
I've seen very few people here use shovels, instead they sweep (or try to) the snow away. Also, a lot of people use umbrellas when it's snowing! I won't be picking up that habit anytime soon!
Now I'm going to head to bed in hopes of getting a much better night's sleep than I have been!
Enjoy the day:)
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you can sleep better tonight. Enjoy the snow! Our snow has a layer of ice on top of it, so the dogs keep falling through the ice when they walk. (The road is icy, too, so they prefer to walk on the crusty snow!)
Lots of love,
Mom
Have fun playing!!
~George~
Post a Comment