January 9, 2009

Two day update

Hmmm...where to begin?  Not a whole lot has happened in the past two days, but there were several things of note.  Yesterday the Lithuanian teacher gave me homework!!!!  All I had to do was write an acrostic poem using my name.  It only took me about 25 minutes during Russian class, but at least it was something to do!  After school I hung out at the library for a couple hours and while I was there a girl that I recognized came up and asked if she could talk to me. It turns out that she goes to JBG, and she's a regular at the prayer group. We ended up talking for half an hour!  Yesterday evening I was one of the happiest people on the planet 'cause I got to take a real shower (we have a new hose for the shower head!!), I received two packages, and I had time to read a book!!!!  Unfortunately, I slept horribly last night, and woke up 20 minutes before we (Violet and I went together today) were supposed to leave!  We ended up leaving at 8:45, but caught a bus, so arrived at 9:01!  I was in the classroom for two minutes before the bell rang! Since I'm so tired the four classes that I had today seemed to drag on forever.  I then ate lunch in the cafeteria before heading over to my first host family's home to pick up a letter. I ended up staying there for just over two hours talking with Jokubas and Jovita, and using their wireless internet.  The walk back to Violet's took 25 minutes, and it was nice to be out in the fresh air.  Right before I left school for the day Violet told me that I'll be going to Vilnius tomorrow!!  I was planning on a relaxing weekend here doing laundry, baking, and putting my room back in order.  So much for that idea.  Instead I have to be at Tautvydas' school by 7:50am to go with him, 22 of his students, Raimondas, and Jokubas to do/see who knows what in Vilnius.  All I know is what Jovita told me.  She said that the students will be running outside and then at 3pm we'll visit the parliament building.  I'm sure it will be an interesting day, I just hope I can stay awake for everything! Life as an exchange student sure is unpredictable!
Rachel is beginning her big adventure today!  Good luck!
I hope you all are having a great day!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made it!!!
~Rachel~