It's still raining here. This morning I fell for the first time this winter. It was on the way to school. The sidewalks were (and still are) treacherous because they're covered in wet ice. I'm no the worse for wear though. I was just a tad late to school.
This afternoon I needed a few things from the office supply store, and I used only Lithuanian to get what I needed!! The lady (who knows me by sight) was so excited that I can speak a little Lithuanian!
I also went over to my first host family's house to pick up a letter and have some hot cocoa. Jovita was so excited to have me there. The two of us ended up watching ice dancing on TV.
Back at the flat things aren't so dandy. Both Paulius and Violet have fevers and don't feel well. I'm trying to stay away from them so I don't catch whatever it is that they have. It'll be an early to bed night for everyone!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
3 comments:
You CAN do anything and everything, and if you put your mind to it, you WILL succeed.
Awesome for you for doing an entire transaction in Lithuanian. I don't know who's more pumped: me, you or the lady at the store.
Keep it up!
Seize the moment! You are amazing and will do a wonderful job at anything you try! Way to go Naomi!!
Congratulations! Keep working on your Lithuanian. Now you know you can use it and use it well enough to get your message across. Good work!
Lots of love,
Mom
Post a Comment