February 11, 2009

Darkness

Sorry I've left you all in the dark for the past few days. I've been super tired and exhausted, so haven't really done much of anything. I was even too wiped out to unpack!  
Today was fairly normal. The math teacher gave me some problems to do, so that made me happy! After school I came back to the house, had a snack, and then came up to my room to get some things done. About half an hour after I got back, the power went out (internet too) for an hour. I still don't know why it went out, but even though we had to work by candle light, it turned out to be a good thing for both Jokubas and me. He finished his homework early, and I completely unpacked!! Having those things accomplished made for a very relaxing evening! I feel so much better now that I'm settled once again!
One thing that was very difficult for me today is that I learned from Violet that her brother is deathly ill in the hospital. He's been there for three days, has five different doctors working with him, and nobody can figure out what's wrong. I met him and his family the weekend after Christmas, and we spent a bunch of time with them. They treated me just like a cousin. Zenius is a very nice guy. I sure hope he gets better soon!
I thought I'd have to sacrifice sleep tonight to do a load of laundry (it' much cheaper to do it between 12 and 6am), but Jovita and Tautvydas said they will start the machine for me! That means I can sleep now!!
Tomorrow I have choir practice again. It's only supposed to be an hour and a half long, but since it's the last practice before our performance on Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if it runs long.
Happy 200th birthday to Abe tomorrow!!
Lots of Love and Big Hugs,
Naomi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep well!! You need to stay rested so you don't get sick (I'm doing the same here).
Have a fun day tomorrow!
~George~

Unknown said...

Don't forget it's Darwin's 200th too!