On Friday I went to the center for people with learning disabilities, and was the special guest for the English class' end of the year celebration. I had choir practice at 3:30, and the friendship festival began at 6pm. It was held in the school court yard even though the weather was iffy, and it started raining lightly about half way through the program. I sent my long sleeved black shirt home with Mom and Dad, so was just wearing a sleeveless top and was freezing cold. The festival was very nice though, so I didn't mind so much.
I was supposed to go to Vilnius this weekend, but was far too exhausted to do much of anything besides rest.
On Sunday evening I got together with the four international volunteers one last time. We had a fun evening playing Phase 10 and eating supper. I'm so thankful that they were also here this year!! I'll miss hanging out with them!
Today I practiced my presentation about my year here with Jovita this morning, and then headed into school at 10:30. I had been planning on giving the presentation at 1pm today, but when I arrived my class was meeting, and everyone was about to leave for the day, so nobody would come to my presentation. We changed it to Wednesday then at 2pm. It turned out to be a good thing that I didn't give the presentation today because the projector didn't recognize my computer, and no programs on the computers here will run the presentation because the software isn't new enough. A media teacher and I ended up having to completely remake the presentation in Power Point, so 5 hours later everything was set. This morning I was quite nervous to do this presentation, and now I just want to do it and get it done. I'll let you know how it goes.
This evening I've been packing. Even though I sent a bunch of stuff back with Mom and Dad, I still have more than will fit in my suitcases! It's a big puzzle that I'm attempting to solve!
Well, seeing as it's 1pm, I'd better get to sleep.
I hope you all had a good weekend and have a fun week!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi
2 comments:
Running on just a few hours of sleep a night? Having fun with friends, but dreading leaving them? Working with electronic devices more than you would like? If these symptoms sound familiar than you are probably suffering from "End'o'sperience-itis"; but don't worry it's life changing and you'll forever have friendships across the globe! The best known remedy? Enjoy every minute, take more pictures than you can imagine, and get ready to share stories when you return!
Love ya,
George
Rachel has good advice. Just don't lose so much sleep that it affects your health. Good luck packing.
Lots of love and hugs,
Mom
Post a Comment