September 16, 2008

Monday

Good morning!!
I slept for longer Sunday night, but it wasn't a very sound sleep:(
From 9am-3:40pm yesterday I was helping at the school for people with learning disabilities.  In the morning I was in a class with 11, 12, and 13 year olds.  There were only 6 kids and they are all boys.  I helped with spelling and drawing a little bit, but mostly I just sat there.  We ate lunch in the cafeteria and then the class, the teacher, and I went for a walk around the pond in the town center.
I spent the afternoon with the "sport class" teacher.  He had three groups, each for about 45 minutes.  With the first group I participated in hand soccer and shooting baskets.  The next two groups spent most of their time kicking a ball into a soccer goal.  I basically spent two hours watching them.  
They don't really know what to do with volunteers here either.  I keep telling them to put me to work and give me something to do, but they haven't yet.
The rest of the afternoon and evening were spent writing in my journal, talking to Jovita, eating supper, and playing checkers with Jovita.  Even though it wasn't raining we didn't go apple picking because Tautvydas' driver didn't come pick us up, and Jovita doesn't drive.
Last night I got at least eight hours of fairly sound sleep!!  
Today I'm back at that school for the morning, and then I have a couple of other things to do.
Enjoy your day: )
Love and Hugs from me: )
~Naomi~

3 comments:

Linnea said...

Enjoy your day today as well!
I wrote you a letter today. I'm so excited to mail it! It's a long one too :)
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting busier, even if they don't know what to do with volunteers. You'll teach them!
Hugs from home, George

Unknown said...

Must be nice to have slept 8 hours!! Hope you're in deep REM as I write this too!
Love the pics! :-)