January 11, 2009

Different than planned (again)

Last night I slept for 12 hours!!!!  I did wake up half a zillion times, but it sure felt good to be so relaxed for that long!!  When finally got out of bed around 1pm, I double checked with Violet to make sure there were no plans for the day. Her response to my question was "no, only celebrating Paulius' birthday". WHAT?!!!!  That was the first I'd heard of this!  Oh well, like I've said before, the life of an exchange student is constantly changing!  Violet's parents came over and we had pizza, clementines, and jello cake for lunch.  I felt weird though 'cause during most of the meal the grandparents were talking about me. We were celebrating Paulius' birthday, why weren't they talking about him? After lunch (which didn't end 'till about 3:30!) Violet's parents tried to watch a movie on Paulius' computer. We had to download software, and then it still wouldn't work. When I found out that it was a regular DVD I offered to let them watch it on my computer. It worked perfectly, and we even hooked up speakers. They were so happy that I was wiling to let them use my computer.  Now the living room looks like a mini home movie theater 'cause the computer and speakers are on a table in front of the comfy big couch. Violet's parents left after the movie finished, and then I watched a movie. Violet was in and out of the room, so she saw some of it, too.  I also had to do laundry today 'cause I literally don't have anything clean to wear tomorrow! Since I was gone for most of last week and then busy with school this week, it's been a while since I've had time for laundry. 
As of right now I have no plans out of the ordinary for tomorrow. Assuming nothing else comes up, I'll go to school and then come back here and throw in another load of laundry. I'll probably also go to prayer group. 
Today it got above freezing, so most of the snow melted:( I think the forecast is for above average temps again. Oh well, at least we've had more snow so far than was predicted!
Well, I still have a few things to do before heading to bed. G'night!
Love and Hugs,
Naomi

No comments: